Sunday, June 14, 2009

Say Cheese!

I don't have a whole lot to write about, as we've both been sick during the past two weeks. Also, it's been raining quite a bit, so we have tried to avoid going out into the cold. We are both on the mend though, now, and are getting back into a routine of exploring the city...

Paris is full of little gems, and last week, Andrew and I went to visit one. We did not happen upon this place, but rather it was recommended to us by a friend of mine from work. This place, Gemi's, is a wine and cheese bar, very Parisian and very chic! We loved the atmosphere, and both the cheese and wine proved delicious. Just wanted to share photos to give you an idea of the place and its funky-fun atmosphere. It would've been near-perfect, except for the slow service and continuous replay of Taylor Swift's album. Nevertheless, Gemi's:



So cozy!


So yummy! The waiter picked out cheeses from goat, cow, and lamb's milk. We liked the bleu (cow) cheese the best, but all three were very good. Lamb's milk cheese was a first for both of us, at first a little too tart and stinky. But by the end, we both really liked it. The substance in the small ramekin is fig marmalade. SOOO delicious! Who'd have thought to put fig with cheese? Genius!


The very suave atmosphere of Gemi's. The entrance to the bar is upstairs, but the seating there is more plain. My friend Elodie said we must sit downstairs, in the "cave," because that's where the true Parisians sit!


You can see that it really is rather "cave-like." We really liked this place, and can't wait to go back for some more tasty cheese!!

Well, that's all for now. We'll see what this week brings, and will hopefully have more pictures for you after my days off tomorrow and Tuesday! Miss you all!!



3 comments:

  1. So Jealous! That looks very yummy. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have thought to put fig with cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. strange, the words that this blog had me type in order to insure that I am a human and not a spam machine were: "my sin." Kind of creepy. I almost didn't do it. Then I thought, what the "h," it just means that I'm not a machine.

    ReplyDelete