Thursday, June 18, 2009

You know what they say...

A picture is worth a thousand words! This one certainly is no exception! This is Fiona...


I came to work today and saw the woman who I had worked with the day that I was with Fiona. She told me that the family had sent her this photo, along with an email expressing their gratitude. I am so very thankful to have this beautiful photo!! It is the visible expression of what will always be a fond memory for me (she was telling me about the picture she drew when this photo was taken). Thank you again for letting me share it with you. (Note: please be careful with this photo and do not post it anywhere or send it around at all, in respect to the family and my job. Thanks!)

Moments of today:

  • I had a lovely day today, and the chance to be Cinderella today! I was having a conversation with a sweet and shy little British girl, about 5 years old. I asked her all about her day at Disneyland, and she seemed to have been having a lovely time. She seemed hesitant throughout our whole conversation, until she finally asked "Um, Cinderella...can I have a kiss?" So sweet!! Definitely the quote of the day! Of course I said yes! :-) In Europe, it's expected that kisses and "cuddles" (hugs! I like their word better though) be given to and received from the children. I wasn't very used to it at first, being that these children are complete strangers and no job at home would EVER allow such interaction, but now it's one of my favorite customs!!
  • Speaking of cuddles...later on today, a French family came who had two daughters, one of whom was very young, perhaps just two years old. I always squat down with children so small so that my size does not intimidate them. This little doll of a child came running up to me, but instead of giving the expected "cuddle," she plopped down on my dress and laid her head on my knee, as if in a dream. I think she would've stayed there all day, perfectly content, had there not been other children around. It was just so cute!! Everyone around was "aww-ing" and smiling. She came back to visit me later and sat down on my dress again, and snuggled up under my arm. What a cutie! I love these special moment with kids.
  • I met the most talkative child in the universe today. She was American (of course!) and extremely eager about everything. She just about talked my ear off, which is actually a welcome change when you've been taking photos all day. She told me she had me in the parade yesterday..."Remember, you waved at me?! And you know what else??? Right now, I'm going to go in my stroller, and take my pass[ifier], and have a nice nap, and then I'm going to watch you in the parade again!!" Haha! I love it! She told me that she went on "it's a small world" and "Saw all the countries and states!" and that she didn't like the teacups "because they give me dizzies and make my tummy hurt kinda."

I seriously have the dream job! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hah! I love hearing about the talkative girl!! And had to smile while picturing the other little on plopping down on your dress and laying her head on your knee - too sweet. The picture of Fiona is priceless. Love you, Cinderella -

    MOM

    ReplyDelete